Updated as of October 28, 2021
Senior Software Engineer (Mar. 2021 – Present)
Member of the founding engineering team building the backend platform from scratch (Python w/ FastAPI, Redis, Celery, RabbitMQ, amongst others). Working closely with compliance officers to provide a system that keeps the data, investments, and money of the clients secure and that follows the guidelines established by FINRA and the SEC.
- Define quality standards and implement local development tooling to check the code.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to automate code checking, testing, and deployment.
- Work on the “zero risk” platform to provide clients with an experience that is identical to real life.
- Work on the investment platform that allows users to trade on the stock market.
- Implementation of the KYC flow for the clients (identity validation, fraud detection).
- Planning and engineering the first version of the platform that allowed for client money transfers.
- Integrate data providers to enrich information which enables users to find the most critical and relevant data of available stock tickers.
Senior Software Engineer (Nov. 2020 – Mar. 2021)
Backend engineer working on data pipelines, data processing, and on the API powering the client-facing application. Working closely with product teams to deliver the clients their ML predictions and ensuring that they can receive the most appropriate data before making a decision. Enforcement and oversight of compliance standards for different levels of requirements (HIPAA/HITECH, SOC2).
- Work on adding data to datasets on GCP while maintaining the current available data for ML predictions.
- Refactor the API to improve the client experience through better performance and increased reliability.
Staff Software Engineer (Apr. 2019 - Oct. 2020)
Engineer working on the company’s internal tools products such as opportunity tracking, financial core, loan management system, quote generator system, data analysis, and fraud prevention (Python, Go and PHP).
- Squad technical lead (September 2019 - January 2020) for the credit flow team in charge of the internal workflow of the clients’ cases and the automation of the different sub processes involved.
- Development of the internal tool to keep track of the clients’ information and the different areas' input on the case.
- Assisted different operation teams in the management and processing of data that was used to generate their daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Part of the team developing quote generation and loan management systems, as well as the financial core.
Engineering Competency Matrix: https://bit.ly/3bWGH5n
Backend Lead (Jan. 2019 - Apr. 2019)
As well as being a Software Engineer, I had the opportunity to work as backend lead in charge of the entire company’s backend team (10+ people) across five countries where the main task was to develop the backend architecture to deal with the ever growing client portfolio and requirements.
- Technical guidance and decision making in the backend of the platform.
- Improve the processes and practices on the backend team.
- Improve the communication with other development and product teams.
- Managing the on-site and remote backend team.
Software Engineer (Mar. 2018 - Dec. 2018)
My main responsibilities were to design and implement the required services for the business defined requirements which included payroll calculations, integrations of both code and servers for the payment system, client migration process, etc. as well as having responsibilities outside the main backend engineering team in different areas of the company.
- In charge of the process of onboarding clients to the platform: automation of the validation of their information (Ruby on Rails), migration, and configuration of their environments.
- Creation, configuration, and administration of instances for services of the platform in AWS, as well as its complementary services (VPC, VPN, among others).
- Responsible for third-party integrations and systems management such as Zendesk, Mailchimp, Marketo, among others.
- Creation of scripts (Python) to improve the time of implementation of tasks in other areas.
Software Engineer (Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018)
Joined the company for an ambitious task of migrating the legacy full-stack system to specific backend and front-end services. Mainly worked on the backend migration from Django to Falcon, main task being writing tests that checked for potential broken functionality as well as developing the changes affected by the change, aided by designing and implementing a CI/CD workflow.
- Creation of the workflow to incorporate the testing stages.
- Creation of scenarios and based on them, functional testing (CodeceptJS + Nightmare) for the different platforms of the company.
- Fixing and expansion of the previously created unit tests (Pytest).
- Modification of applications and integrations based on the feedback obtained during the testing (Python).
Software Engineer (Jul. 2015 - Nov. 2017)
Through almost two and a half years as a freelancer I had the opportunity to work for an array of different clients, projects, and even technologies. From just writing a simple script to automate tasks, to designing and implementing full systems.
- Analysis of customer requirements and preparation of a solution proposal.
- Design of the system architecture taking into account the quality attributes required by the clients.
- Design and development of backend / full stack services that the system(s) needed.
- Design and implementation of databases.
Content Developer (Feb. 2015 - Jul. 2015)
- Developed demos for companies, including Twilio and Stripe, using their APIs and clients in the Codepicnic platform to showcase the online IDE’s capabilities in the different array of languages that it supported.